Saturday 12 September 2009

Such oddities

Oddsocks has had a fairly quiet week. I've recently started to work night shifts, so my whole day has completely changed. It's really strange going out for work when everyone else is saying goodnight and enjoying a nice slumber in the dark (sleeping in the dark is a luxury right now). Apart from that I'm enjoying it since I get left alone to get on with my work, whereas before the day was filled with drama and stress. It's also great using the roads when no one else is around; no more waiting in traffic queues.

This week I have been to visit Westport lake which is a large lake near where I live. It was a family trip which involved me, my sister and brother along with the newest additions to the family, Aaron (my nephew) and Isabelle (My niece). The last time I had been was over 15 years ago (even though it is really close). A lot has changed since then and it is looking great now. A brand new park has been added which included a huge spinning disc you could lie on which I obviously had to try out and get dizzy on. Isabelle, although only 2 years old, was climbing up the ropes and using the large slides the whole time we were there, much to her mum's panic. It also has a cool boathouse with a great view of the lake and a cafe.





Some things I've been pondering this week:


• Why are baked beans more expensive than the cans of sausage and baked beans?

• Why are 99's called 99's if they dont cost 99p?

• Why is the fast lane in stores never fast?

• Where did swine flu go to?


If anyone has the answers to any of these, please enlighten me! Now I will go back to saving the world... of Warcraft. Which I might add I'm totally not addicted to in any way.


Oddsocks (O'.')-o

No comments:

Post a Comment