Wednesday 16 September 2009

WANT WANT WANTTTT

Why is it that now, when I am still job-hunting and thus not particularly well-endowed in the bank balance department, all the lovely things start surfacing in various online high-street stores? I tells ya, it is a slap in the face, adding insult to injury, pouring salt in my wounds, and a host of other clichés that might apply which didn’t immediately come to mind.

L-R: Topshop lace dress, Topshop check dress, Miss Selfridge check hitch dress, Miss Selfridge dobby spot hitch dress.
I love the last dress in particular. It only equates to about $AUD80 so I think I might be bad and order it. It really reminds me of All Saints as well, only at about a quarter of the rate that All Saints would charge for a similar item. Grrr. Don’t get me wrong, I love All Saints as much as the next person, and I will cherish the dress and bag I bought from them always, because unless I end up getting a job sometime before I die, I am never going to be able to afford anything from them like... ever again.


Feel-good read (at others’ expense) of the day: When you’re having a bad day, there are a few things that never fail to provide partial relief. And nothing is more effective in dire times of personal FML than seeing the weird and wonderfully horrid situations other people get themselves into, which they then thoughtfully post onto http://www.fmylife.com/ for your consolation (and entertainment). Here is a lovely example:


‘Today, my boyfriend brought me breakfast in bed, told me all the things he loved about me, got down on one knee and pulled out the little blue box I had been hoping for, for so long. He opened the box and there was a note inside that said, "April Fools!" FML.’

If it were me, I’d have given him a little blue box back. With his nuts in it.


..Just kidding!


Wtf of the day: Apparently a German anatomist is set to release an exhibition of corpses preserved for anatomical studies, that are to be posed in various sex positions...
Image courtesy of Ninemsn News / AAP

 http://news.ninemsn.com.au/glance/863779/exhibition-depicts-corpses-having-sex


...If that’s not dead sexy, I don’t know what is.


Wtf of the day #2: Is it just me or are those little advertisement links at the bottom of MSN and Hotmail getting creepier?

Chompy B-]

1 comment:

  1. You should definitely treat yourself to the last dress in that picture, I totally agree that it's gorgeous!! I only condone you purchasing it if I get to see you wearing it however haha.

    The corpses, are they actual human bodies or artifically made? If it's real i'm slightly creeped out. Would you want to be a piece of art work in death? I don't think my family would appreciate it lol.

    That ad at the bottom of msn is referring to using condoms probably, I have to listen to those ads constantly. "WHEN YOU DONT USE A CONDOM YOU ARE SLEEPING WITH EVERY PERSON YOUR PARTNER HAS EVER SLEPT WITH" lol.

    p.s. i will prod you until you watch a mad tv episode chompy, it's funny as hell

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4c1zyN4PFw

    ReplyDelete